Monday, October 29, 2007

the "kalbo guy"


Almost all of my close friends know that I really have something with “kalbo” guys. I don’t know but it’s really a turn on for me.

Part one: the set-up

More or less six months ago, my boss then in Alabang was trying to set me up with her former student who is kalbo and single. He just came back after years of studying. I was excited with the thought that if this would happen, it’s gonna be my first ever real date (yah..yah..i’m a late bloomer with this matter..though I’m proud of it rather than ashamed). Anyways, to make the long story short, the set-up date never happened. I was disappointed in a way, but I knew he had his reasons.

part two: meeting him

After more or less six months, I finally met this “kalbo” guy, who turned out as a cutie J. There was this dinner held by the school, where he is one of the board members. The boss was reminded again about this planned set-up through a friend of mine (thanks to leslee….i hate you for doing this..but I love that you did!). We were introduced but I couldn’t look at his face and just ended up saying hi in the air. I was too bashful about it and I regret it, I swear. But honestly, if that scene would happen again, I’d probably do the same thing, because that is just like me.

I went home that day so kilig….

The next day, he showed up again in the hotel where the conference hosted by the school was being held. He went to the same room where I was because his friend was about to give a speech. I knew it was him and that perked up my mood and made my day lovelier. Still, I didn’t dare to look at his face for even one second, because I really couldn’t. I didn’t want him to get this impression about me that I was flirting with him, though that was my intention (hehe).

After the second day of the conference, most of the people were waiting outside for whatever reasons they had. And he was there too talking to teachers and other friends. I just love the idea that he was just around and I could have a reflection of his profile. Ofcourse, I was kilig again.. but that was just it…hanggang sulyap and being kilig…

Part three: the sad part, good lunch and Tken

Before the part three happened, I was informed that “kalbo” guy has a crush on somebody, whom I don’t know who that person is, and that brakes my heart.haay...

The conference was finally over, and in fair ness very successfully done (congrats Wodlab!!!). We decided to have lunch with this boss that we truly, really miss so much! It was a good lunch, we had good food, good talk, about us, our kids, the conference. Oh I miss Tken again….haaay…

After an hour or so, few more bosses came and joined us. One of which was also the former teacher of this “kalbo” guy. We were talking and talking and then somebody just told the whole world that I have a crush on this guy. I must have felt embarrassed, normally I would, but I did not because it is true. No reason to deny it.

Part four: The dilemma

Here’s the thing, I really want to know this guy because I am attracted to him, but I don’t know how. I am too cowardly to do anything to get in touch with him. I just can’t do the first move, that’s it. I really wish I could.

There is something in me that tells me, why not take this chance. I am afraid that I’d be disappointed and be hurt again, so I choose to play safe.

If nothing happens in the next few weeks or months, maybe that’s the answer I am waiting. That this chance isn’t really for me, that this story won’t have another chapter.

No comments: