Monday, November 26, 2007

Four times a week I see this wonderful teenager that I’ll just call AZ. She’s my tutee for more than a year now. We’ve been through a myriad of crying moments when she finds it hard to understand things and when she feels like giving up doing what she hates the most…studying.

And that is the exact reason why I can’t let her go, I tried to but it was a hell, deciding whether to stay with her or have more time for myself and knowing that she might find it harder to survive school without my help if I do so.

And God just solved this dilemma in whatever ways I couldn’t explicate. All I know is that I woke up one day and realized that I need to stay with her.

I can’t say that all the days we sit together are fine. Solving odious math problems, reviewing for her quizzes or just chatting around about her family, my work, our friends, or whatever it is, just having fun are the things we do. Sometimes, I want to give up and just tell her I really find it hard to endure the weariness, but just seeing her smile or cry in front of me, I just realize that I am the one who could give more, and I have no reason at all to whine.

I treat her as my sister, the same way she treats me. We never called ourselves teacher-student names because we know that our relationship surpasses that level.

In 2009, I have plans and one of them is to continue my schooling. I know that means giving up my tutorials, and I just can’t imagine the day that I would tell it to her. It will truly break my heart.

Anyways, last night she asked me to read her assignment in religion. Her teacher asked her to make a poem about God and this is what she wrote. After I read this, I was really proud of her because I am seeing a better her.

I wish someday you can read this Andy. I really love you so much.

My Little Prayer

By: AZ

One rainy day

I found my self kneeling on my bed to pray

This is what I say

Dear God

First of all You are the best

And the greatest God You are among the rest

There is no one like You because I truly love You

As days pass by I no longer cry

Thank you for your happiness

My tears are miles away

Because I am in a better place

Where friendship has come my way

My troubles and my sadness has found me no more

I’m walking through a different door

I know You have reasons

A reason for my life

And for my tears during those last few years

To make me better and stronger person

That will have less fears

And as life goes on

More troubles will come

And decisions we have to make

As our journey take place

In this world You made

Thank You for this humungous family I have

And that we are close most of all

And all the fun times I have with them

They are there when I fall

They may be weird when they are hyper

But I never get bored

And I love them all

Thank You for all the things You’ve done for me

And all the things and blessings You’ve given me

This is my little prayer for You from me

Last of all thank You for taking care of me

No comments: