Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The enchanted-pig-out date

First day of December, I just had five students in 8 hours straight! An impulsive movie invitation from an ADHD teacher was such a great plan. At 4:30 we started packing and preparing for a wonderful girl-to-girl bonding ahead! Oh my! What a way to end an arduous day indeed!

On the way to Alabang Town Center, more or less a 20-minute walk from the office, beepsie and I had a good chit-chat. At first, to be honest I had apprehensions if I could jive with her flamboyant personality because that’s not exactly me, but the more times I spend with her, the more I realize that she could be a really good companion. And ironically I feel really comfortable with her.

We talked about her life, her annulment, her husband, their adopted child and how she copes with everything that’s going on with her. It’s just amazing that despite this difficult time, she still manage to laugh and be genuinely happy. Bow ako sa kanya dun talaga. I may not really know her but I pray na sana, she’ll be okay, especially inside.

Anyways, the walk was marvelous, the December cozy weather was fantastic as well! We bought tickets the moment we arrived and had Quickly (oh so yummy! With extra nago!) and some chips and chocolate (for her lang! really tempted but no!). Oh and yes, I also saw Ryan Agoncillo in the Candy Shop (ok not so papable! Dedma lang…hehe).

The movie we saw was Enchanted… and in fairness the movie house was packed, as in standing room. Before it started, I couldn’t take my eyes away from the popcorn man, Well I was not staring at the man who was selling popcorn but to the stuffed pop corn bags he was holding. Syempre di ako nakatiis and told beepsie, “im so sorry but I need to buy those popcorns”, my EQ is really low talaga when it comes to pagkain… and guess what? I was surprised when I found out that she was thinking of the same thing too! Wahaha! So we ended up buying two pop corn bags with different flavors, white cheese and barbeque (yum!yum!yum!). Ok, that was heaven! As in! Sabi ko nga sa kanya if every weekend would be like that, hay naku I’ll be really super duper happy talaga!

I don’t want to talk about the movie, not because I didn’t like it, but because I don’t know how to make a sort of a movie review. Basta all I know is that the best part of it is Patrick Dempsey…a.k.a McDreamy! And while watching the movie, parang I had a right to daydream na naman….haay…

There’s one line that he said that made me sad lang that: “Fairy tales and they live happily ever after don’t happen in real life”.

Sana di yun totoo kasi I believe in that and I always wonder what my fairy tale story would be.

No comments: