Monday, December 10, 2007

Knowing HIM through Living Hope

Being in Wordlab School is indeed a blessing in disguise because it served as an avenue for me to be involved in a Christian community, where I know has been changing my life a lot spiritually and as a person.

I really wanted to share this part of me here in my blog but I was concerned at first, well until now, if I could tell you its story in the way it’s supposed to be told and give it the proper justice it should have. Well, no harm in trying!

My History in this Community

Alvin, a good friend, whom I met during a DAYS retreat back in my senior year in college was the one who invited me to attend a Friday meeting in Rockwell, of course my first reaction was “I am busy and I have plans this Friday na, sorry”. But that was a lie (hehe), because I assumed that oh no this would be another community who does things in exaggerated ways, the way I see it on television. So the second time and the third time….still, no thank you! Maybe next time ang drama ko. But he was so persistent in inviting me, to the point na he was discussing already the mission and vision and the things they do there. Oh my! Did he just give me a lecture? Hehe, so sige na nga, let’s give it a try. And besides nakijoin force ang one of the big bosses ng school in inviting me, so as a good employee, and I was newly hired then in the school, I could say na medyo napilitan ako… (love you ketsy!)

I was shocked how warm the welcome I received from the people in this community. These people whom I met like few minutes before lang that same night. Diba sometimes, you would just be comfortable with a person kahit you don’t know the reason at all. That’s what happened to me. Maybe, it was their genuine smile and appreciation that I took time on a gimik Friday night to see what they do for God.

The First Friday Prayer Meeting

There was the introduction part, saying Hi! to everyone and eating a snack while waiting for other members to arrive and for the prayer meeting to start. Past 8pm, we went up to the room where they hold it, there was some kinda band stuff being set up, I was hearing beautiful voices and hearing the good, holy music. I like that! Then, it began.

Five charismatic songs were sung. The lyrics were being shown on the projector so sing along lang ako, and in fairness, ganda ng songs. Parang I can relate ang reaction ko. After the last set of song, there was this part na, ay tapos na! Tapos, Ketsy whispered something like, “don’t be surprised ah”. OK what does that mean? And then I heard let’s give love to everyone! And then people started walking from one row to another and started hugging and kissing each other on the cheeks, as in all! Male or female!So na shock ako! I don’t know them! It’s really awkward to do that, but they were the one who approached me and welcomed me in that gesture! Well, it ended up naman na di ako masyado na ilang because I just had beso beso with the girls. The men were gentlemen talaga so hand shake lang.

After that, there was a short talk about a certain topic and bible verses were read. And after that was sharing part where people go infront and talk about the blessing they have received and how God is blessing them Basically, any topic can be opened up dun. Makukulit ang mga tao! As in! makulit na cool!

I felt really welcomed, so since then I started attending. After two months, I had a retreat and commit myself to be a member. My only duty then was to attend Friday prayer meetings on a regular basis. Then nagging disciple na ako and then servant. Galing!

Now, one year and four months na ako! Yey! Congrats to me! And endless years to come pa!

HE is our GOD…

I am loving God now the way I never imagined I could. I am not a so religious person who’s good in everything and to everybody. I’m still a human being who could not resist temptations and sin a countless time. Pero the big difference now is that I have a God whom I know is there for me and who will take care of me. Life becomes so much easier with Him in my heart. Trials become so petty sometimes because of that trust to His promise na everything will be alright. I have someone to whom I can lift up all my burdens and worries in life. I have a daddy and a friend whom I can share all things about me. I feel safe all the time wherever I am and wherever my loved ones are. My life is ok with Him and I am happy because of Him and his love for me.

Now, I want to be able to give to HIM all in me..to be able to fully trust Him with my life and to worship Him everyday of my life. I want to worship him and sing songs for Him all the time. I am so much amazed and thankful that He is my God!

No comments: