Monday, August 27, 2007

Fear of Mr. Dursley's look alikes...lol

Do psychiatrists have a name for the fear of foreigners? Well, I studied Psychology myself but haven’t heard of that one. Wondering why am I asking? Because I think I have that kind of fear, hehe. No, really, especially the old and huge ones, like Mr. Dursley in Harry Potter (yikes!).

Only few close friends know this but it’s true. I can’t stand being close to them. When I was in Galera (where there are foreigners all around!) I hid from them and had my bes cover me almost all the time we were wandering the bar areas (scary talaga..). He was laughing at me because I was so weird daw. I didn’t enjoy that trip much, and it’s all because of those beasts!!! I couldn’t go out at night and had myself trapped in the room watching blurry cable tv shows...playing card games and scrabbles…now tell me, was that cool?gggrrr….

I am pretty sure that I wasn’t traumatized with foreigners when I was a kid,so no history of it. Maybe it’s just paranoia, yet still weird and yah a bit ridiculous if you would just think about it. Crazy me!

But what I know is that, for a person to get rid of a certain fear, she should be exposed to that thing that she is afraid of (forgot the term.). In my case, I need to deal with people like Mr. Dursley…gosh! This is torture!!!

No comments: