Monday, February 25, 2008

The Football Match: Phnas vs. Paolino

I’m a sport- loving person. Though, I don’t play as often as I used to, it’s still in my heart, and the drive to learn new kinds of games is still in me. I love the adrenalin! I love learning new skills! But I think I can’t include it yet in my schedule…not yet… so for now…what I do is…I play those games with my students! Haha…but of course.. it was never a competitive game but only complete fun! Imagine that! (kainis! I need to make them win always..or else they would hate playing with me again and would even cry if I win…hehe).

So, last Saturday, I needed to meet up with Paolino for an extra hour. Since we only had to do reading, spelling and post- comprehension activities, that one hour was more than enough to play football in our conference room. Grabe! He’s the expert on this one so it turned out to be a basic skills training in football for teacher Phnas. In fairness! He’s a good coach…and I was stunned with what a 10- year old could do. Galing! So funny, that I was so into it, that when he was finishing his spelling and reading, where am I? I was practicing my “kicks”, trying to practice making a goal. (The goals were two mono block chairs…how cute could it be?).

That football game was SOOOO COOL!!!!

When things get in order, I will make time to learn how to play this sport..but that time..it will be the real game!

No comments: