Sunday, June 8, 2008

In the Shadows of Tears
June 6, 2008
9:35- 10:06am

I remembered those days, when we were together
When we sat back and just laughed, over the same things
Everything was still, everything was still….
But time passes and life changes
The old “us” is now dying away…

CHORUS:
They are leaving me in the shadows of tears
Crying alone, no trusting hands to hold on to
I remain constant where I am
They’re all gone, they’re all gone
Where would I go?
How would I start, living again?
When would I stop, waiting….?

I bow my head in prayer that they’ll all be okay
Lift up everything, sorrows and anger
Help me to accept this selflessly
Don’t feel sorry for my choice to stay
And be happy where they are going
In new places they all call home

Someday we’ll meet again, just like the old times
Fixing the broken pieces left by the aches
I will still be here, happy to welcome you back
To the home where we all grew up

No comments: