Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My summer so far

I was busy. Going from one place to another and meeting friends from high school, college and the recent ones. I spent a lot, bankrupt yet HAPPY. Material things that I lost did not matter too much because I am glad that I gave my time to the people who matter to me.

  • I sympathize with a friend who is going through a hard time right now because of his illness, his cancer. I was really shocked when I found out about it, just a few days ago. It was so surreal to me, and it affected my day. I could not believe that that was not a joke, that he has a cancer, for real. It really saddened me. The class showed support to him by attending a lunch date last Saturday. It was so moving to know that we are all in prayers for him to be okay, and to be healthy again. It gave me joy to hear from him, words of thanks because this simple act of support gives him courage and strength to face this challenge with positive attitude and high hopes.

This is just a trial that you have to face, with us…. all of us together. You have us. Have faith that you will be healed. Trust and believe. We all LOVE YOU!!!

  • It was Ael’s 23rd birthday last Saturday also, one of my high school best girlfriend barkadas. She chose to celebrate it with us in an outing. On a tight budget, we still managed to have fun. I miss them all the time, sobra! Even though we talk about the same things, topics and people every time we meet, still, it always feels like the first time we heard those things. We still get excited, annoyed, embarrassed, angry, irritated, etc. It was also the first time I met her boyfriend for two years now. I am really happy for her because I can see that she is happy and contented with how her life has been so far. It was just sad that most of us in the barkada could not come for personal reasons and because they’re busy. Oh how I hate that excuse! But, what can I do? They have their own lives and their reasons, and I can not blame them for being like that, I just need to understand that.
  • And that’s not all, the day after that, I was headed to Laiya, Batangas for another outing. This time with my Wordlab School Family. We went to Palm Beach Resort. It was a very relaxing haven. I was able to enjoy a very long day of nothing but appreciating the nature, swimming in the beach, kayaking and snorkeling. Those fishes made me shout a lot of times when they were trying to swim beside me or near me, but it was amazing seeing the corals, school of fishes and other kinds of living things in the sea. At night, Den, Sara, her two nieces and I went star gazing, but unluckily no shooting stars for me. Nice chit chats, laughter, great food, great place and ammenities, new adventures and experiences and unforgettable memories and people are the things that I will recount when I talk again about my summer getaways this 2008.

Thank you Daddy Jess for every single blessing!

No comments: